Location: Zurich/Davos, Switzerland, hybrid
Lab42 is a Switzerland based Artificial Intelligence Lab operated by Mindfire. We're committed to creating a vibrant AI research community that pushes the boundaries of AI research and technology. We have a job opening for a skilled, passionate, and ambitious AI Engineer and Technical Support to join our dynamic team.
- Provide technical support to our AI research team, ensuring a smooth operation of our research and development processes.
- Set up and monitor AI challenges, ensuring their successful execution while providing necessary technical solutions.
- Assist in building and maintaining the programming architecture integral to our research and AI development.
- Collaborate closely with the Research Director in managing administrative tasks within the research community.
- Proactively identify and resolve technical and conceptual problems on the scientific roadmap, contributing to the continuous advancement of our research.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of new systems and platforms that improve efficiency and effectiveness.
What it takes:
- Proven experience in programming and software development; proficiency in Python is a must.
- Familiarity with more performance-oriented languages such as C++ is a plus.
- The ability to quickly learn and adapt to new programming languages and technologies is highly vaued.
- Hands-on experience with machine-learning frameworks, as well as the ability to evaluate and tune algorithms to create solutions for real-world problems.
- Basic knowledge on DevOps processes, virtualization, containerization, and infrastructure-as-a-service technology is a plus.
- Demonstrable interest in and enthusiasm for AI technology and its potential for positive global impact.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues efficiently and effectively.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with an ability to address conceptual and scientific challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in a research or AI development environment is a plus.
- Fluency in English in both writing and speaking.
Please do not apply as we will not consider your application if:
- You do not have a work permission to work in Switzerland.
- You are not willing to work physically in Zurich or Davos, Switzerland.
- You have never worked in a startup environment.
What we are offering
We offer more than just a job: after an initiation period, you are eligible for the company’s shares program and become part of the Mindfire family. Furthermore, you will …
- Engage in a dynamic, innovative company that values and fosters out-of-the-box thinking.
- Thrive in a professional, goal-oriented culture where:
- Managers exemplify leadership.
- Fairness and respect are paramount.
- Autonomy is encouraged, accepting mistakes as learning opportunities.
- Conflicts are addressed openly and promptly.
- Take on a high level of personal responsibility.
- Participate in an exciting mission within a creative and forward-thinking environment.
- Collaborate with some of the brightest and most innovative minds in AI.
- Gain insights into AI and cutting-edge, self-learning technologies.
- Embrace the opportunity to make a large-scale impact and drive global change.
Join us as we strive to create the world's largest AI research community, collectively pioneering AI technology in Switzerland. If you are technically skilled, enthusiastic about AI, and eager to contribute to a pioneering project with a global impact, we'd love to hear from you.
Please apply with a cover letter or video and CV by clicking the button below. Let's shape the future of AI together!
Contact: Dr. Daniela Suter